Forest gives sustainable communities
IFFA celebrate the International Day of Forest, 21 March 2018 by supporting this year’s theme on the International Forest day:
” Forests contribute in building sustainable cities and communities.”
Our planet needs healthy relations between cities and the countryside.
Some family forest owners live in cities. Most of us have relatives and friends who live in cities.
Family forests are a bridge between the countryside and cities in many ways:
UNFF has published 6 “cards” or photos to underline how the forest in different ways contribute to sustainability of cities and communities
The messages are:
- 1.6 billion people need forests for food. Water, fuel and jobs
- Forests are home to over 80 per cent of biodiversity on land
- Your glass of water is tree product
- Trees are nature’s air conditioners
- Trees build resilience against climate change
- Trees and parks are good for you health
The 6 UNFF cards follow below